Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More evidence that life is not fair

So, this chick who writes a mommy blog got fired for writing that her boss injects Botox into her face. She then devotes herself to full-time blogging and manages to eke out a modest income. How modest? Oh, just $40,000 a month. Yes, that's right. In one month. For a @!$%&*$ing mommy blog.

Sweet babbling Jesus.

Meanwhile, there's a Web site that essentially consists of pictures of cats, all of them submitted by readers. It's the hottest damn thing on the Web. And they sell advertising. I don't know how much they make, but I'm pretty sure it's more than I'm making.

So this is the situation in a nutshell: Over at my other site, I devote hours every day to writing articles that tell people about the ins and outs of local government and the media, in the hopes of filling the void created by uncaring corporate media that cuts news coverage and gives us daily updates on Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.

For as a reward, I'm lucky to recoup Web hosting and ISP costs.

But some person creates a mommy blog -- better-written-than-most, but still a mommy blog -- and she's earning more in a month than i earn in a year from my REAL job. And some goofballs post pictures of cats emblazoned with incorrectly spelled dialogue, and they also are making money hand over fist.

@!$%&*$ing mommy bloggers.

@!$%&*$ing cat bloggers.

Excuse me, I'm going to crawl into bed and whimper until it's time to leave for work.

0 Comments: