Sunday, May 4, 2008

'Iron Man' needs to scrape off the rust

For all the rave reviews, I thought the movie was at best three our of five stars. Robert Downey Jr. was superlative as Tony Stark, but then Downey is a superlative actor.

I thought it got off to a slow start, frankly. They could have cut 10 minutes off the front part of the movie easily. The James Rhodes character served no real purpose, and Terrence Howard was the wrong actor for that character anyway. And Stark didn't spend enough time in the armor. And the anti-war message was simplistic, and laid on a little thick.

So count me among those who are disappointed.

I did stick around to the end of the very long credits to see the "Easter egg." And a very cooooooool Easter egg it was. All I can say is that they have more than a few heroes left before than can do a movie about those cats.

0 Comments: